Client Open Position:
Our HR Outsourcing client, STEM Solutions, LLC is a leading national provider of lab casework and equipment. They are currently seeking a Lab Drafter specializing in commercial lab environments for their Wakefield, MA office. They are looking for someone who is interested in participating in their team approach with a focus on detail, precision, and meeting deadlines in a positive can-do atmosphere. Proactive planning, coordination and communication are all essential to a successful project and building repeat clients.
This position is responsible for developing floor plans, elevations, sections and details of laboratory casework and furniture systems using AutoCAD 2D software. This position will work closely with estimators to determine client requirements/scope of work and assist/work alongside project managers to ensure accurate drawings. This position will also be responsible for checking product orders against plans and assisting PMs and estimators with developing and maintaining project schedules, including any required changes and additions to drawings as needed.
The ideal candidate for this position must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work within a fast pace, quick turn-around, and deadline-oriented environment. This position plays a key role in each project and helps determine the overall success. As an integral part of each project you are assigned to, you will be responsible for the following:
Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare thorough floor plans, elevations, sections and details of cabinet, countertop and lab furniture system layouts for client approval, fabrication, and installation
• Work with an existing team to coordinate drawings and provide quality design work to client’s specifications
• Support project managers, estimating and sales department with submittals
• Interpret architectural specifications and drawings
• Work with various vendors in determining the correct product to be used on a project
• Document, organize and maintain project information
• Follow drafting schedule and adapt to changes promptly
• Monitor and respond to phone or email messages promptly
• Ensure project scope is being met in line with the estimated price
• Effectively communicate product or schedule concerns with other departments
• Related Technical Diploma or Associates Degree
• 2+ years of experience using AutoCAD (2007-2020) to produce detailed 2D shop drawings based on scope of work and off of blueprints.
• Recognize issues and address
• Ability to communicate professionally via phone and email with internal and external clients
• Ability to multitask amidst local distractions
• Keen eye for detail and ability to visualize and understand 3-D dimensions
• Work in a team environment and receive feedback
• Experience with cabinetry or construction a plus
This Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer
STEM Solutions has contracted with us, Silver Tiger Consulting, to provide HR Outsourcing services, including contacting qualified candidates who submit a resume and conducting an initial pre- initial phone screening and assessment. Silver Tiger Consulting will also be setting up interviews with hiring managers for those candidates who progress onto the next stage of interviewing.
You can apply using the links above or direct candidate referrals, resumes, and inquiries about the position to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 866-276-8981. Please ask to speak with Cori DiDonato. All resumes and candidate information will be kept confidential.