Client Open Position
Silver Tiger Consulting provides retained recruiting for a number of our clients. One of our clients, Colantonio Inc., a general contracting firm based in Holliston, MA, is currently seeking a Junior Staff Accountant.
Please direct all resumes and inquiries about the position to email@example.com or call us at 866-276-8981 and ask to speak with Jan Bloomer, Sr. HR Executive handling this position for our client. To maintain a fair process for all candidates, the hiring team at Colantonio, Inc. has asked that no direct inquiries about the position be made by candidates to the Colantonio, Inc. hiring team.
Job Description- Junior Staff Accountant
Our client, Colantonio Inc., is a Holliston-MA based construction management and general contracting firm with self-performance capabilities, specializing in the affordable housing, academic, industrial, and historic renovation markets in the public and private sectors. They are seeking a full-time Junior Staff Accountant. We are actively assisting them in the pre-screening, interview coordination, and rest of the hiring process for this position.
Support the general accounting function including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations. Assisting with monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the CFO and rest of the team in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
Key duties and Responsibilities:
· Accounts receivable and accounts payable entry
· Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
· Prepare analysis of accounts as requested
· Assist with the monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
· Assist with year-end closing
· Assist with the preparation and coordination of the audit process
· Assist with payroll and HR administration
· Review and process expense reports
· Maintain subcontractor insurance compliance
· Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
· Assist project management with project related accounting tasks
· Special projects
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
· Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices and Principles
· One year of general accounting experience is required
· Experience with the construction industry a plus, but not required
· Familiarity with construction accounting software preferable
· Experience with Vista a plus, but not required.
· Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Key Skills and Competencies:
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Planning and organizing
· Highly self-motivated and directed
· Team player and positive energy are a must
This employer is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,000.00 - $52,000.00 per year
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide answers to the following application questions:
How many years of Accounting experience do you have?
How many years of construction software experience do you have?
How many years of Vista construction software experience do you have?
What is the highest level of education you have completed?
Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?