Client Open Position: CTA Construction Managers: Bookkeeper
Silver Tiger Consulting provides retained recruiting for a number of clients. One of our clients, CTA Construction Managers, is an award-winning, ENR top 100 Green Contractor based in Waltham, MA. CTA specializes in large scale, complex, state of the art, LEED certified buildings throughout Massachusetts. They are currently seeking a Bookkeeper.
Our client, CTA Construction Co, Inc., is an award-winning construction management and general contracting firm with a history of excellence in building academic, multi-family residential, commercial, civic, retail, senior care, and hospitality facilities. Based in Waltham, Massachusetts, CTA Construction's portfolio includes construction projects totaled over $1.5 billion. In addition, CTA has awarded over $100,000,000 in contracts to certified small, disadvantaged, minority, and women owned partners. They are actively seeking a full-time Bookkeeper to join their accounting team. We are actively assisting them in the pre-screening process for this position. Health insurance is 100% paid for this full-time role- there is no employee contribution required.
The bookkeeper will report directly to the Controller and support the general accounting function. The Bookkeeper will be responsible for recording and maintaining the company’s daily financial transactions and accounting records. This position will also assist the rest of the accounting department with the monthly, quarterly, and yearly close checklists.
Record and process invoices for payment
Reconcile monthly bank statements
Record numerical and financial data obtained from multiple sources in company’s accounting system to produce financial records.
Ensure financial data is entered correctly and accurately.
Enter journal entries to debit and credit the company’s accounts.
Generate accounting and audit reports for cash receipts, accounts payable and receivable, expenditures, and profits and losses.
Reconcile and reports differences or issues found in financial records.
Performs other related duties as assigned, including but not limited to following up on outstanding invoices and credit memos, reviewing accuracy and status of customer tax exemption certificates and obtain updated certificates as required, review and obtaining updated subcontractor and vendor certificates of insurance, etc.
Other administrative and clerical duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles, have previous bookkeeping experience in a construction firm, and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
Key duties and Responsibilities
· Accounts receivable and accounts payable entry
· Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
· Prepare analysis of accounts as requested
· Assist with the monthly closings and preparation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements
· Assist with year-end closing
· Assist with the preparation and coordination of the audit process
· Assist with payroll and HR administration
· Review and process expense reports
· Maintain subcontractor insurance compliance
· Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
· Assist project management with project related accounting tasks
· Special projects
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in accounting or finance
· Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices and Principles (GAAP)
· At least one year of bookkeeping experience outside of internships is required
· Experience with the construction industry a plus, especially AIA billing processes, but not required
· Familiarity with construction accounting software preferable
· Experience with ComputerEase and Procore a plus, but not required.
· Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel a requirement
Key Skills and Competencies
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Planning and organizing
· Highly self-motivated and directed
· Team player and positive energy are a must
· The ideal candidate should be interested in pursuing a long-term career path in private accounting.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at 1-888-464-4218 or visit their web site at dhs.gov/e-verify.
CTA's HR Outsourcing firm, Silver Tiger Consulting, is conducting all initial prescreens for this position via phone and other remote methods. Silver Tiger Consulting is also coordinating the interview process with CTA hiring managers for candidates.
You can apply using the link above or direct candidate referrals, resumes, and inquiries about the position to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 866-276-8981. Please ask to speak with Cori DiDonato. All resumes and candidate information will be kept confidential.